[DRMAA-WG] misssing exceptions and thread safety
D.Gruber at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 1 03:50:47 CST 2010
while scanning the wiki I found following:
The Job object methods should throw following exceptions:
- "JobAlreadySuspendedException" from suspend method when
job is already suspended. The DRMAA implementation have
to make sure that suspend job is just called once. It is not enough
for the DRMAA implementation to rely on own state, it should
check the state automatically in order to avoid problems when
the state is set outside of DRMAA. Should DRMAA deal with
- "JobNotSuspendedException" from the resume method (like above).
- "JobTerminatedException" when calling a method on a job
when the job is already terminated.
This is for "suspend" "resume" "hold" "release" "terminate" "waitStarted"
Obvious synchronization problems:
- accessing an already "deleted" JobTemplate: here that same as for a
destroyed Session should apply (InvalidJobTemplateException)
- accessing a job template while "deleting" (running a job or accessing
otherwise): here that same as for a destroyed Session should apply
- write access for the job templates must be synchronized by the DRMAA
- Is there a need to make the invalid state of a JobTemplate (that is
when a JobSession
has been closed) as an accessible field or should every problem
covered by the
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the drmaa-wg