September 15-19, 2008
OGF Event Programs seek to strengthen existing communities within OGF including industry and e-Science, provide a forum to foster new relationships and collaborations based on common interests, and to develop technical specifications related to distributed systems and grids.
In addition to its chartered groups and Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions (requested by selecting "Group Sessions" or "BoFs" from the below drop-down), OGF is soliciting proposals for content that support its mission of driving the rapid evolution and adoption of applied distributed computing. While the Program Committee will consider all proposed content related to distributed computing technology and usage, they are particularly seeking content related to the following topics:
- Case studies of distributed computing environments in the Asia-Pacific region and how they have produced value for organizations
- Cloud computing and virtualization and other emerging or disruptive technologies
- Data management in distributed environments
- Application development/deployment in a distributed environment
- Workshops exploring distributed computing usage in scientific disciplines and commercial sectors
- OGF Specification Adoption sessions demonstrating the impact of OGF’s specifications and best practices on science and industry
- Case studies of business uses of grids
- Best practice development sessions where key challenges are discussed and solutions identified
- Enterprise Adoption
- International Collaboration
Online submissions will be accepted from June 14 through August 15, 2008. Notifications will be sent by August 19, 2008.