[ogsa-wg] Proposed agenda for Sept. 25th call
Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Thu Sep 28 08:42:32 CDT 2006
Apologies - the NOMCOM meeting is running long, and while I am quite
interested in Takuya's presentation, I will be late today.
On Sep 22, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
> Hi all,
> The following is a proposed agenda for OGSA-WG telecon on Sept. 25th
> Monday from 5pm to 7pm (CDT).
> The dial-in number for Monday;
> US: +1 718 3541071 (New York) or
> +1 408 9616509 (San Jose)
> UK: +44 (0)207 3655269 (London)
> Japan: +81 (0)3 3570 8225 (Tokyo)
> PIN: 4371991
> See more information:
> - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477?nav=1
> Screen share service will be provided.
> URL: http://ogsa.glance.net
> Session key: 0925
> See more explanation:
> - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1584?nav=1
> 1) Early discussion (20 min)
> Note taker assignment
> Roll call
> Telecon minutes approval (if available)
> F2F meeting minutes approval (Sept. 15)
> - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13871?nav=1
> - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13862?nav=1
> Action Items status review (see the bottom of this email)
> Agenda bashing
> 2) OGSA and EGA reference model (45 min)
>> - No specific OGF policy on unifying EGA and GGF work, but there is
>> an expectation that parties talk to each other
>> - Merging the glossaries? Yes and does not look too difficult
>> - Proposal: maintain the distinction between reference model; and
>> OGSA as (a service oriented) rendering of it;
>> - Is it true, or should it be made true?
>> - As an exercise, what is the specific use case to drive it; need
>> a reason--more than an abstract motivation. No reason just
>> to be
>> - EMS (or the more restricted HPC Profile) might be a good
>> starting point
>> - Would probably need more than one use case; would also have to
>> think broader than current thinking in OGSA.
>> - Transaction processing kind of environment as one motivation?
>> - Next step: Set up an initial group of people to start a
>> within OGSA. Identify what should be done.
>> - Dave Snelling, Andrew Grimshaw, Tom Maguire
>> - Paul Strong, Alan Clark, Bob Thome
> GGF18 session material, minutes, and EGA document:
> - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13838?nav=1 (Glossary)
> - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13827?nav=1 (OGSA
> vs EGA)
> - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13839?nav=1 (minutes)
> - http://www.gridalliance.org/en/WorkGroups/index.asp (EGA
> 3) OGSA roadmap v1.1 status update (Chris Jordon, 45 min)
> Chris will make the next revised draft available up on
> gridforge by this weekend for review and discussion on
> the 25th.
> 4) Wrap up (10 min)
> <*NEXT CALL*>
> Sept. 28 (Thu): TBD
> Oct. 2 (Mon): Information/data modeling
> Oct. 5 (Thu): Security
> Oct. 9 (Mon): EGA reference model, OGSA roadmap
> <*ACTION ITEMS*>
>> From Sept. 15 OGSA F2F
> AI-0915a: (A Savva, S McGough): Set up a telephone conference to
> collect workflow (BPEL) experience
> AI-0915b: Ellen to check the status of the items on the
> DMTF work register: report which have been done, and
> DMTF is doing for the rest.
> AI-0915c: Ellen to propose new text to update the DMTF register
> AI-0915d: Tom will post BP base faults issue to tracker
> AI-0915e: Hiro to talk with OGF Editor to start an errata process
>> From Sept. 14 OGSA F2F
> AI-0914a (Andreas Savva): Integrate the simple Data scenario just
> presented into the scenarios document
> AI-0914b (D Snelling, D Merrill): Set up an OGSA Security design
> AI-0914f (Fred Brisard and Hiro Kishimoto): Fix the location of
> next F2F and inform the group vial the mailing list
>> From GGF18 EMS session (Sept. 13)
> AI-0913a: Andreas to update function names of BES.
> AI-0913b: Andrew to write-up a couple of such JM functionalities
> (short paragraph for each, e.g. time constraint as JSDL
> AI-0913c: Andreas to add another scenario to use this “terminate”
> method of activity interface.
> AI-0913e: Andreas to separate un-deployment as a separate
> AI-0913f: Andreas to describe relation between ACS and CDDLM.
> AI-0913g: Donal to provide his proposal on
>> From GGF18 EGA session (Sept. 12)
> AI-0912a: Hiro to set up an initial group of people to start a
> discussion within OGSA. Identify what should be done.
> - Dave Snelling, Andrew Grimshaw, Tom Maguire
> - Paul Strong, Alan Clark, Bob Thome
>> From Sept. 7 call
> AI-0907b: Takuya will search for an external reliable source of
> strong (or deprecated) ciphers to reference.
> AI-0907c: Andreas will revise the explanatory text and send the
> version to Takuya.
> AI-0907d: Takuya will update the documents and issue a final call
> on the list. (Probably during GGF18.)
>> From Aug. 31 call
> AI-0831e: (A Savva) Talk to ACS working group for refining this
> AI-0831f: (A Savvva) Research RNS and probably update the EMS Arch
> Scenarios document
>> From Aug. 17 call
> AI-0817a: Dave Berry and Jay Unger will approach groups (GIN,
> Globus, etc) that have implemented practical grids and
> start a discussion on how they handle data:
> - how data is treated as a resource that can be
> - how transfers are modeled
> - how files are advertised
> - how applications find files (query, by knowledge,?)
> (Due Oct. 9)
>> From Aug. 3 call
> AI-0803e: Jun will provide an example of the CDL mechanism and why
> using ID/IDREF is not a good idea.
> AI-0803f: Jun will update the CDL document to remove the
>> From July 20 F2F
> - EGR-WG (Ravi) will contact Geoffrey Fox and invites him to
> contribute use cases.
> - Andreas to go through the minutes and formulate a reply mail to
> Geoffrey on each artifact covered in these minutes.
> Hiro Kishimoto
> ogsa-wg mailing list
> ogsa-wg at ogf.org
TIGRE Senior Scientist
High Performance Computing Center
: Alan Sill, Texas Tech University Office: Admin 233, MS 4-1167 :
: e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu ph. 806-742-4350 fax 806-742-4358 :
More information about the ogsa-wg