[ogsa-naming-wg] [gfs-wg] Minutes of 8/5,6 GFS-WG Conference call
o.tatebe at aist.go.jp
Fri Aug 5 20:50:23 CDT 2005
Here is minutes of the last conference call.
GFS-WG conference call
Friday, Aug 5, 2005
4:30pm to 5:30pm (PDT)
Note taker: Osamu Tatebe (AIST)
Introduction & agenda bushing ( 5min)
Change from 8th to 9th revision ( 5min)
Full path vs absolute path (20min)
Other issues (10min)
* Change from 8th to 9th revision
- make XML namespace in WSDL consistent with the specification
(reflecting Takuya Ishibashi's comment)
- modify the last part of the introduction section caused by removing
the appendix of Grid File System Profile.
- 'absolute path' in the second table in Section 184.108.40.206 "move", is
changed to 'full path'.
* Full path vs absolute path
- In Section 220.127.116.11 "Referral Messages", the first sentence states
that "all service operations [MUST] accommodate the use of absolute
pathnames," although all input to the service interface is now a
- need to accept both a full path and an absolute path for all input
to the service. How to differenciate these two?
- An absolute path starts with '/', and a full path does not start
* Other issues
- Can '.' and '..' be specified as a 'Name'?
-> Yes. At least, RNS does not need such a restriction.
FYI: NFS version 4 assigns no special semantics to the names "." and
"..". The LOOKUPP operator must be used to lookup a parent
Osamu Tatebe, Ph.D. Tel: +81-29-861-5844 FAX: +81-29-862-6601
Grid Technology Research Center,
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
AIST Tsukuba Central 2, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 3058568 JAPAN
E-mail: o.tatebe at aist.go.jp http://phase.hpcc.jp/people/tatebe/
More information about the ogsa-naming-wg