[Nml-wg] Conference Call
john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Thu Apr 7 10:42:30 CDT 2011
Wow - that was fast. I had a meeting run over and you guys are already done!
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jeroen van der Ham" <vdham at uva.nl>
> To: "NML-WG" <nml-wg at ogf.org>
> Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2011 11:37:32 AM
> Subject: Re: [Nml-wg] Conference Call
> Notes of the conference call and action points at the bottom.
> Any comments or additions are welcome.
> Attending were: Guy Roberts, Freek Dijkstra, Aaron Brown, Martin
> Gigi Karmous-Edwards, and Jeroen van der Ham.
> NML is ramping up again after a short period of inactivity. There has
> been an outreach session in Taipei presented by Cees de Laat, with
> 6 people listening.
> Jeroen notes that it seems time to pick up writing of the schema
> document again, because it seems we have "violent agreement" on the
> schema diagram right now (attached).
> Freek will write the identifiers section. He proposes to write some
> standard stuff on how to compare them, what namespace of OGF to use,
> etc. Martin worries that it should not get too specific to stir up
> discussion in GENI, GLIF or other groups.
> Jeroen will start reviewing and updating the schema section of the
> document and then pass it to Martin.
> The examples section could be written using the examples that Jason
> Jeroen used on the mailinglist some time back. [Update: these were
> committed to a repository some time back:
> Freek informs about the work John MacAuley has been doing, Freek
> received some questions about using NML in WSDLs. Guy mentions that
> has been working hard on implementing NSI in WSDL.
> Jeroen notes that there is an Automated GOLE demonstration in GLIF
> he is now pushing a very simplified version of NML using a graphical
> editor. This should spark some interest in GOLE operators about the
> usefulness of topology exchange. Hopefully this leads to more
> implementation and feedback to NML.
> Guy mentions that there is also work in GEANT on a GUI for topology
> descriptions, which he will send to the list.
> Action Points:
> - Freek will finish a draft of the identifiers section in 4 weeks.
> - Jeroen will review the schema section and update it.
> - Jeroen will dig up the topology examples again
> - Aaron will review the XML version to see if it still fits with their
> - Guy will send info the list on GEANT topology editting.
> On 06/04/2011 18:15, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Just a quick reminder, the call tomorrow is still planned to
> > proceed.
> > Call: +1-734-615-7474 (Please use if you do not pay for Long
> > Distance)
> > or +1-866-411-0013 (toll free US/Canada Only)
> > Enter access code: 0186145
> > Talk to you tomorrow,
> > Jeroen.
> > On 28/03/2011 11:14, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> After a period of inactivity, and an OGF where NML has no session,
> >> I'd
> >> like to pick up the pace again and set up a new teleconference.
> >> If I remember correctly, our usual spot was on Thursdays at UTC
> >> 16:00 =
> >> EST 11:00 = 8:00 PDT = 17:00 CET, which hopefully works out again
> >> after
> >> the daylight savings shift.
> >> Unless there are any major objections, I'm setting up a new call on
> >> the
> >> 7th of April.
> >> Agenda for that call is starting to write on the schema document.
> >> The
> >> schema diagram has been fixed now for quite some time without any
> >> major
> >> objections, so I'd like to start writing this finally and hopefully
> >> get
> >> a first draft finished by next OGF.
> >> Jeroen.
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> nml-wg mailing list
> >> nml-wg at ogf.org
> >> http://www.ogf.org/mailman/listinfo/nml-wg
> > _______________________________________________
> > nml-wg mailing list
> > nml-wg at ogf.org
> > http://www.ogf.org/mailman/listinfo/nml-wg
> nml-wg mailing list
> nml-wg at ogf.org
More information about the nml-wg