[gsa-rg] Minutes from GSA-RG Telecon June 21st, 2006
ramin.yahyapour at udo.edu
Thu Jun 29 04:19:37 CDT 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Following are my minutes from the last telecon.
Let me know of something is missing or should be modified.
June 21st, 2006; 9am UTC
- - Wolfgang Ziegler
- - Mathias Dalheimer
- - Ariel Oleksiak
- - Ramin Yahyapour
- - Note from Philipp Wieder, Nicola Tonellotto
- - limited progress has been made as the different partners are currently quite busy.
- - Consensus is that this will improve in the next weeks.
- - The assignment of sections is still available from the GridForge Excel sheet:
o Information Service Ramin
o Job-/Workflow Requirement Description Ariel, Philipp
o Resource Discovery Philip
o Reservation Management, Agreement and Negotiation Ramin, Wolfgang
o Job Management Nicola
o Data Management Ramin, Wolfgang
o Network Management Ramin, Wolfgang
o Performance Prediction Ariel
- - Examples for filling the form are available here:
- - Goal: get the contributions together mid July.
- - the different partners all work on or have available Grid scheduling solutions
- - discussion at GGF17 showed that there is interest in exploring the interoperability of these
schedulers. Future Grid use seems to indicate that there will be different Grids and VOs with
different Grid schedulers. Thus, the replacement towards centralized solutions is not expectable.
- - Partners in GSA work on Calana (FhG, Mathias), Viola Metascheduler/Unicore (Wolfgang, Philipp),
D-Grid/C3Grid/GT4 (UniDo, Ramin), HEP-LCG/WMS-RB (UniDo, Ramin), GRMS (PSNC, Ariel).
- - Mathias provided a set of slides for possible connection with the Calana system.
- - Discussion on the slides showed that the approaches between different systems is more or less
o Discovery/Identification of remote Grid schedulers
o Phase of Information Gathering
o Optional phase of Negotiation with Remote Scheduler (non-binding)
o Selection of a suitable allocation offer
o Optional phase of agreement creation/advance reservation
o Hand-over of job execution to remote scheduler
o Monitoring of job state for potential re-scheduling
o Collect currently used job descriptions of the partners (JSDL?, extensions?, scheduling information?)
oi Every partner want to provide a short summary.
o Ariel looks for existing information/table from JSDL work
o Ramin creates a slide with the summary of the above steps.
o All partners work on their contribution to the requirements document
- - mid July (tbd)
Dr.-Ing. Ramin Yahyapour | mailto:Ramin.Yahyapour at uni-dortmund.de
Computer Engineering Institute | phone: (+49) 0231/755-2735
University of Dortmund | mobil: (+49) 0179/5261973
44221 Dortmund / Germany | fax: (+49) 0231/755-3251
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.4 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the gsa-rg