[gsa-rg] Minutes from GSA-RG Telecon August 21st, 2006
ramin.yahyapour at udo.edu
Mon Aug 21 08:59:29 CDT 2006
Here are the minutes of today's telecon.
August 21st, 2006; 1pm UTC
- Ariel Oleksiak
- Ramin Yahyapour
- Note from Philipp Wieder
- Note from Mathias Dalheimer
o Information Service
currently worked on by Alexander Papaspyrou, first version should be ready pretty soon.
o Job-/Workflow Requirement Description
First version was sent by Ariel,
Might be revised by Philipp
o Resource Discovery (Philipp)
status not known, will query
o Job Management (Nicola)
status not known, will query
Nicola is probably on vacation
o Reservation Management, Agreement and Negotiation (Ramin, Wolfgang)
Asked Wolfgang to produce first draft
Status not known, will query
o Data Management (Ramin, Wolfgang)
Ramin will provide first draft before GGG18.
o Network Management (Ramin, Wolfgang)
Will ask Wolfgang about it.
o Performance Prediction (Ariel)
Version is available for quite some time
Could be used as a template for the other parts.
- It was suggested to discuss the requirements during future calls or meetings.
To this end, we might select one of the topics and the corresponding main author briefly explains
the requirements and the classification (whether optional, required etc.). Goal is some discussion
to gauge whether we agree on the classifcation of requirements and identify whether we missed something.
As performance prediction is available, Ariel will try to prepare such a review; maybe at GGF18
otherwise for one of the next telecons.
- The assignment of section is still available from the GridForge Excel sheet:
o Performance Prediction Ariel
- Examples for filling the form are available here:
- As assigned at the last telecom, Ramin provided 2-3 slides to summarize the discussion on the
possible steps for scheduler interoperability. Goal: These slides can be used as a first starter for
writing a one page summary. We will discuss during GGF18.
Ariel has some open questions for the details of the specific steps which he will sent to the
mailing list. These will be discussed on the next call or the GGF18 session.
- We got input from Ignacio Martin Llorente , GridWay. Maybe this can be used for further
consideration. Ramin will query wheter Iganicio can attend one of the following telecons or meetings.
- Similarly, Ramin got an interesting contribution by Mumtaz Siddiqui, Uni Innsbruck, KfW-Grid.
Ramin will query wheter Iganicio can attend one of the following telecons or meetings.
- Ariel provided an overview for job descriptions from an EU report. It was agreed last time that
every partner submits a short summary about their job description.
This could be done for GGF18 in1-2 slides; e.g. whether it uses JSDL, which terms, which extensions.
Goal: compare the current approaches and analyze for interoperability issues.
o All partners work on their contribution to the requirements document
o Prepare slides of used job descriptions by the partners (JSDL?, extensions?, scheduling information?)
Every partner want to provide a slide for GGF18.
Ariel presents the available summary from EU report.
o Ramin gets in contact with Mumtaz and Ignacio for their contribution.
- In two weeks, that is the week before GGF.
Ariel will query for suitable timeslot and setup the call.
Dr.-Ing. Ramin Yahyapour | mailto:Ramin.Yahyapour at uni-dortmund.de
University of Dortmund | phone: (+49) 0231/755-2735
IRF-IT | mobil: (+49) 0179/5261973
44221 Dortmund / Germany | fax: (+49) 0231/755-3251
More information about the gsa-rg