[dais-wg] OGSA-DAI R5.0 released
neil p chue hong
N.ChueHong at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 11:01:00 CST 2004
OGSA-DAI Release 5.0
Data Access and Integration for the Grid
We are pleased to announce that the new release of the OGSA-DAI
software (in source and binary distributions) is available:
* Direct from the project website:
This release builds on the functionality of previous OGSA-DAI
releases and is built on the Globus Toolkit 3.2.1.
* OGSA-DAI now supports indexing, reading and full-text searching
across files using the Apache Lucene text search engine library.
* New command line and graphical wizards have been provided to
simplify the process of installation, testing and configuration of
* OGSA-DAI now supports per-activity configuration, defined in the
activity configuration file.
* The Grid Data Transport port type now includes a getNBlocks
operation, allowing GDT clients to specify the number of blocks to
be returned in a single SOAP message.
* A new Notification activity has been added that produces a
notification message when the output stream of an activity has
completed or commenced.
* A new XMLBulkLoad activity has been added that enables the bulk
loading of documents into an XML database such as Apache Xindice.
* Documentation has been reviewed and revised in light of the new
architecture of OGSA-DAI.
for more information on the new features in this release.
The distribution includes updated GridDataService, GridDataServiceFactory
and DAIServiceGroupRegistry components, as well as example clients.
These allow you to connect to MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server
and XIndice databases, as well as indexed text files.
They have been tested on Windows 2000/XP, Redhat Linux 9 and Solaris 8/9.
If you are currently running OGSA-DAI R4.0 you may wish to read our
guide on upgrading to OGSA-DAI R5.0:
Support is provided by the OGSA-DAI team at:
support at ogsadai.org.uk or http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/support/
A users mailing list is available at users at ogsadai.org.uk
We welcome all comments, and especially examples of usage or suggestions
for improvements or features.
Many thanks for trying our software.
++ The OGSA-DAI team
The OGSA-DAI Project @ http://www.ogsadai.org.uk
Queries and Support: support at ogsadai.org.uk
A UK eScience Grid Core Programme Project
More information about the dais-wg