Presentations and Materials
EGEE User Forum
Grids and Clouds
Life Science and eHealth
OGF Groups and BoFs
OGF25/EGEE User Forum
March 2-6, 2009
Wednesday, March 4
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
HPC Job Delegation Profile Working Session
Alexander Papaspyrou, Philipp Wieder, and Ramin Yahyapour
) Group Discussion
Following the work on the delegation of jobs between schedulers in HPC Computing Grid environments that started at OGF23, we continue to define a profile for this use case on the basis of established OGF standards towards a
"HPC Job Delegation Best Practices"
informational (GFD.I) document.
In this session, we discuss architectural issues and protocol profiles for the delegation of HPC jobs between schedulers from different domains.
Open issues in this context are
- the applicability of OGSA-RSS CSG to create a derivate for job offering in order to standardize the session generation mechanism
- the profiling of WS-Agreement for the delegation process
A draft architecture has been defined during the last OGFs, which proposes a general protocol for delegating jobs on the basis of a session request/accept/commit/execute mechanism, using WS-Agreement, JSDL, and OGSA-BES/HPC-BP.
- Welcome and introduction
- What happened so far (work done since last OGF)
- OGSA-RSS CSG applicability for session creation/offering
- WS-Agreement templating draft
- Presentation on "MaGate: an interoperable decentralized grid scheduler prepared for standard-compliant job delegation" by Ye Huang (EIF)
Location: Da Vinci
Rate This Session:
n/a - didn't attend
Current Draft Document Version
, Open Grid Forum
, Grid Forum
, and the OGF Logo are trademarks of OGF