September 15-19, 2008
Travel scholarships include travel reimbursement (approximately $1000USD per student) and registration costs. Exact reimbursement amount to be communicated with selected students upon notification of selection.
To apply for the OGF24 Student Travel Scholarship, contact Kristi Hamilton via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2008, and include the following information:
• Country of Citizenship*
• Name/location of school currently attending*
• Areas of study related to Grid Computing (including references to scientific publications if any)
• Name and email address of advisor
• Brief explanation of your motivation to apply for the scholarship including:
o Brief explanation of how you think your attendance at OGF24 will be useful to your research or career.
o Intended participation in specific groups and sessions with information whether or not you will be making a presentation at OGF24.
o How you intend on staying involved in grid related activities after the OGF23.
Selected scholars will be notified of their acceptance on or before July 31, 2008.
Selected OGF24 scholars must agree to the following:
• Attend a mandatory training session onsite, before the meeting begins.
• Assist in set up of meeting rooms, registration area, etc.
• Provide administrative help to onsite OGF staff during the week.
Failure to perform within these guidelines will result in a forfeit of travel, lodging and registration fees waived. If you disagree with any of the above, please do not submit an application.
*It is necessary to distinguish citizenship of applicants due to various funding sources.